Technology can help us achieve amazing things, so why do we get stuck on social media? During the workshop, students explore the positive uses of technology and practical steps to improve our physical and mental wellbeing through streamlining what our devices can do for us.
- Understand how technology use impacts physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Use technology to stay focussed, healthy and efficient in our work and study.
The Digital Balance workshop directly addresses the Australian Curriculum 9.0 Digital Literacy capability through exploring how to:
- Manage online safety
- Manage digital privacy and identity
- Manage digital wellbeing
- Protect content
It also addresses aspects of the Personal and Social capabilities including:
- Social awareness
- Social management
With a focus on developing students’ critical literacy skills in relation to digital texts the following cross curriculum links apply:
Health & Physical education
- Critique health information, services and media messaging about relationships, lifestyle choices, health decisions and behaviours to evaluate their influence on individual attitudes and actions (AC9HP10P09)
- Plan, justify and critique strategies to enhance their own and others’ health, safety, relationships, and wellbeing (AC9HP10P10)
- Understand how language can have inclusive and exclusive social effects, and can empower or disempower people (AC9E10LA01)
- 5.3.1- justifies responsible practices and ethical use of information and software technology
- 5.3.2- acquires and manipulates data and information in an ethical manner
- 5.4.1- analyses the effects of past, current and emerging information and software technologies on the individual and society
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)