Students explore the importance of respectful relationships online through compelling scenarios, and are asked to consider their impact when interacting online. Young people discuss consent online, image-based abuse, and the tools they have to positively support themselves and their peers.
- Understand the impact our actions have online.
- Learn strategies to seek help for yourself or others.
The Cyberbullying workshop directly addresses the Australian Curriculum 9.0 Digital Literacy capability through exploring how to:
- Manage online safety
- Manage digital privacy and identity
- Manage digital wellbeing
- Protect content
It also addresses aspects of the Personal and Social capabilities including:
- Social awareness
- Social management
With a focus on developing students’ critical literacy skills in relation to digital texts the following cross curriculum links apply:
Health & Physical education
- Describe and demonstrate how respect and empathy can be expressed to positively influence relationships (AC9HP6P04)
- Examine how strategies, such as communicating choices, seeking, giving, and denying consent, and expressing opinions and needs can support the development of respectful relationships, including sexual relationships (AC9HP10P07)
- Describe strategies for seeking, giving, or denying consent and rehearse how to communicate their intentions effectively and respectfully (AC9HP6P07)
- Analyse and rehearse protective behaviours and help-seeking strategies that can be used in a range of online and offline situations (AC9HP6P08)
- Refine protective behaviours and evaluate community resources to seek help for themselves and others (AC9HP8P08)
- Recognise how language empowers relationships and roles (AC9E9LA01)
- Understand how language can have inclusive and exclusive social effects, and can empower or disempower people (AC9E10LA01)
- 4.3.1- (Information technologies) applies a broad range of contemporary and appropriate tools, materials and techniques with competence in the development of design projects
- 4.4.1- explains the impact of innovation and emerging technologies on society and the environment
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)